To make a shoot as smooth as possible I would like you to go to the shooting locations and have a good look. Realise that anything you see there will appear in the photos. That means the good and the bad. Your clients would not want to see a mess. No matter how attractive the property is, there are many items that could give a negative impression that makes them book, rent or buy elsewhere. Pay attention to the details!
Here are a few suggestions:
- Remove all vehicles from driveways and try not to park directly in front of the house.
- Clean windows.
- Make sure all light bulbs work.
- Roll-up or hide garden hoses and hide all garden tools.
- Put trash into bins. Conceal all trash containers.
- Make sure the pool and pool area are sparkling clean.
Tidy up all rooms that will be photographed:
- Make all beds. You may want to iron wrinkly sheets/bed covers.
- Remove everything from sinks.
- Remove all you can from countertops (dishes, laptops, phones, keys, pens, etc.)
- Remove toys, pet bowls and litter boxes.
During the shoot, please keep people out of the way. You would be surprised how much is reflected in windows, glass, televisions and fridges. The same goes for pets, unless you want to show that there are animals in the house.